Home ] Up ] Dalehead School ] Dale Head Post Office ] Joiners Shop ] New Inn / Travellers Rest ] Post Office ] School House ] Smithy ] [ St. James' Church, Stocks in Bowland ] Vicarage ] People ]

St. James' Church,  Stocks-in-Bowland

St. James' Church,  Stocks-in-Bowland  c.1900

St. James' Church,  Stocks-in-Bowland c.1900  

Photograph used by kind permission of Lancashire Library Service - Clitheroe

 

The original church was consecrated on October 27th, 1852 by the first Bishop of Ripon, afterwards the Archbishop of Canterbury, and was dedicated by the name of St. James', Stocks-in-Bowland.

Dalehead Church

St. James' Church,  Stocks-in-Bowland   

Photograph used by kind permission of Lancashire Library Service - Clitheroe

 

St. James',  Dalehead

Photograph from the late May Jackson collection, used by kind permission of Mrs. J. Cowking

 

Church Interior

Dalehead Church Interior

Photograph used by kind permission of Mr. T. & Miss E.J. Carr  

 

Dale Head Church

Photograph used by kind permission of Mr. T. & Miss E.J. Carr

 

St. James' Stocks-in-Bowland

St. James',  Stocks-in-Bowland

Photograph from the late May Jackson collection, used by kind permission of Mrs. J. Cowking & Mr. J.N. Wood

 

Old church interior

Dalehead Church Interior

Photograph from the late May Jackson collection, used by kind permission of Mrs. J. Cowking

 

The original church was demolished due to the construction of Stocks Reservoir and was rebuilt as a "Mortuary Chapel" and re-opened in 1938.

St. James' Church,  Stocks-in-Bowland   

Rebuilt St. James' Church,  Dalehead 2003  

 

  • Demolished & Rebuilt

 

Back ] Home ] Up ] Next ]