Home ] Up ] Planning & Surveys ] Road Diversion ] Preparatory Works ] The Overflow Conduits ] The Main Trench ] Temporary Water Intake ] Temporary Railways ] Other Works ] The Valve Tower ] The Culvert ] Staff ] Hollins Village ] Hollins Village 2 ] Jumbles Quarry ] The Dam Embankment ] Stocks Reservoir Construction ] The Filter House ] [ The Filter House 2 ] Stocks Reservoir ] Light Railway Locomotives ] St. James' Church ] The Reservoir Opening ] The Reservoir Opening 2 ] Stocks Drought Years ] Gallery ] Wildlife ]

The Filter House - Page 2

The Filter House was extended in 1951 and additional filters were installed in 1951 and 1955.

Filter House - 1974

Filter House - 1974

Photograph used by kind permission of E. & M.C. Higham

 

Filter House Interior - 1974

Photograph used by kind permission of E. & M.C. Higham

 

Filtration Tank Makers Label

Filtration Tank Makers Label

Photograph used by kind permission of  Ken Geddes 2004. All rights reserved.

 

Filtration Tanks

Filtration Tanks

Photograph used by kind permission of  Ken Geddes 2004. All rights reserved.

 

Since the changes made in the 1950s further developments resulting from new technology have been made and a major programme of improvement is currently being undertaken. 

Stocks Reservoir Filter House - 2003

 

Stocks-Dam-Panorama.jpg (54153 bytes)

Stocks Dam Embankment 2003 Panorama - including new filtration plant 

Click on the image to enlarge . Use the "Back" button on your browser to return to this page. 

 

The final product - Pure filtered Bowland water!

Photograph used by kind permission of  Ken Geddes 2004. All rights reserved.

 

Back ] Home ] Up ] Next ]