Home ] Up ] Planning & Surveys ] Road Diversion ] Preparatory Works ] The Overflow Conduits ] The Main Trench ] Temporary Water Intake ] Temporary Railways ] Other Works ] The Valve Tower ] The Culvert ] Staff ] Hollins Village ] Hollins Village 2 ] Jumbles Quarry ] The Dam Embankment ] Stocks Reservoir Construction ] The Filter House ] The Filter House 2 ] Stocks Reservoir ] Light Railway Locomotives ] St. James' Church ] [ The Reservoir Opening ] The Reservoir Opening 2 ] Stocks Drought Years ] Gallery ] Wildlife ]

The Opening of Stocks Reservoir 1932

 

Stocks Reservoir Aerial View 1932

Stocks Reservoir 1932

 

Stocks Reservoir Opening Invitation

Stocks Reservoir Opening Invitation

Photograph used by kind permission of the Blackwell family

 

Directions-for-Visitors.jpg (62185 bytes)

Instructions for visitors to the Inauguration of the Reservoir

Used by kind permission of Mr. A. Walmsley

Click on the image to enlarge.

Use the "Back" button on your browser to return to this page.

 

The Fylde Water Board Reservoir Keeper's House and the Board Room - Opening Day 1932

Photograph used by kind permission of Mrs. J. Lawson

 

Inauguration of the Hodder Supply by H.R.H. The Prince George, K.G. on July 5th 1932

Photograph used by kind permission of Mr. A. Walmsley

 

First water passes through the compensation pipe 

Photograph used by kind permission of Mr. M.  Pye

 

Prince George unveils a ceremonial bronze plaque

Photograph used by kind permission of Mr. M.  Pye

 

Prince George unveils a ceremonial bronze plaque

The plaque unveiled

Photograph from the late May Jackson collection, used by kind permission of Mrs. J. Cowking

 

Back ] Home ] Up ] Next ]